Monday 2 March 2009

Don't pay the Ferryman















thought I'd ease myself into Monday with a light walk to the river
A 5 minute walk takes me down to Woodside
Just in time to meet Snowdrop
and the crew
spending their days sailing on the river
in all weathers
apparently 4 (or 6? ) people have chucked themselves in the water in the past 6 months
they usually get fished out pretty quick
the landing stage is floating due to the very high tides in the river
for about 700 years the ferries have been ferrying back and forth
the seagulls follow them and land on them too
I think they are the real Liver Birds

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

Hey that was fun that at the end of your post you mentioned the gulls.. as I was reading it before I reached the end I had already picked up my pen and sketched the gulls that I saw in your photos.. and also started singing Ferry 'cross the Mersey.. little triggers!

Thanks for the ride..

twisted sister said...

Oh you are very welcome
I love your sketches and inks and watercolours
and I've read all (?) of Gerald Durrell's books (the ones Max should read)
Drop by again sometime?