Monday 20 April 2009

In my Liverpool home







The Wharf is 95 feet long
it travels steeply up the rocky sandstone slope
and the path continues up and over
with the Priory on the left
meandering into Town
down Market Street
the site of the old Market
on the left again
which burned down in 1974
now a council building
not rebuilt there
where it must have existed for centuries
moved further into Town
leaving the businesses around The Square
to fend for themselves
Market Street was full of old pubs
slowly all closing down
no respect for the old ways
no connection to the land

3 comments:

Liz said...

Hi there Twisted Sister (Love your blogger name I loved the band!LOL)

Thank you for your caring comment about my kitty Yowie. I thought the least I could do was visit your blog and say a big THANK YOU. And I see you're a fellow photography nut like me. Liverpool looks like a great place to visit. Love the photos.

Take care
Liz

fiziskandarz said...

whoaaa!! nice landscape! i like :D

twisted sister said...

Hi to you both and thanks for your comments
as you can see I am a softie over animals
re the name...
fairly spur of the moment
(one of my many nicknames)
Al, Ally, Alley cat, Alfonso etc etc etc.