Tuesday 28 April 2009

Ethereal stuff











Mainly working with silks
this is the result of my weekend labours
I have a bound and wrapped silk bundle
filled with stones and onion skins (red)
then wrapped with Eucalyptus leaves on the outside
waiting for a dunking in hot water later today
the strange plastic bag wrapped parcel
is a white linen dress drizzled wih more red onion skins
plus some brown ones too
then wrapped around a large rusty iron bar
oh yes I presoaked it in milk the night before
won't be unwrapping this for a couple of months

2 comments:

Maureen said...

I once did a trial run on some silk dye products for a job I had and it was fun. Mostly I stretched silk on a rack and melted wax on it then tossed pigment and salt around, but the result was interesting. Can't wait to see what you end up with.

twisted sister said...

Hi Maureen, was trying to reply before and got into some sort of loop whereby IE kept opening web page after web page ?? Wanted to change the title of the post. I love the way silk takes up colour and find natural dyes very relaxing on my eyes. I will have to be patient if I want some good results. Also intend to play more this week with colour.