Sunday 8 February 2009

I Trust And Love You (ITALY)

Speaking of Fortuny...
who I mentioned in a previous post
not so long ago

well
whilst in Venice
(as one is) darlings
travelling with my Aunt
of course!

I spotted a beautiful painted silk lampshade
very similar to this
http://www.fortuny.com/Gallery/Works.html
I mentioned to the shopkeeper that I would like to make something like it myself one day
"Good Luck" she said
in that dismissive way that the Venetians do so well

Give me Rome any day

Possibly set my sights a little too high
who knows

2 comments:

Ahipara Girl said...

Italy, what a dreamy place that would be to visit. Until I came to blogland that is, and saw my own country and city through international eyes, and now I feel so lucky to live in my own small paradise. Still, Italy, Greece, and even over the water to former Yugoslavia where my great grandfather came from. I think you should make that lamp mind you.

twisted sister said...

The first time I went to Italy I wondered to myself
"why have I wasted half my life before discovering this place"
Have lots of good friends in New Zealand, sorry I never made it there (yet!)
think I may do my next project as a lamp
Time and Space is the brief
am studying via distance learning at the moment (and I have passed!!)