Sunday 1 February 2009

February brings more snow

think I'll buy a cap and goggles too
as I do like swimming underwater
we have to go an hour earlier
didn't think they'd segregate us all so much
shows you how long it's been since I last went swimming

Seems churlish to keep moaning about the cold
especially while things are hotting up
down under
Did I mention the snow?
blown in from the Russian arctic
apparently
seems like it is starting to stick
if it does I am going to collect some and use it for dyeing some silk
with some dried eucalyptus leaves I acquired - or maybe some other local windfall or other...

Suki is trying to get my attention by sticking the occasional claw in my leg
she also has a habit of licking my toes if I go around in bare feet
and if really hungry she tests her teeth on my calve and has been known to give me a little annoyed nip
ah well, you can't own cats without getting a few scratches
I get wet nose kisses too and tail strokes too
she actually did, bite a trainee Vet once after a double jab
he didn't tell me he was going to jab her a second time so I let my grip fall loose
oops
I called her a biting cat after that for a short while
would have loved to be a vet but find animals in pain too upsetting
people's too
empathy or something or other
my muse is overworked and suffering from back pain at the moment
the swimming should help
not with the work though,

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Snow is fine as long as it doesn't leave any ice behind. Swim and think of warmer climates!

Stay warm.

twisted sister said...

Thanks Patricia
there is ice under the snow !
had to tiptoe down the stairs this morning
mostly gone now the sun is out