Saturday 22 November 2008

The Hat is starting to take physical form









Being a bit of a bear in nature I really should be hibernating by now
The wind has dropped but snow has landed on the eastern coast of Scotland and England
The cold gets into my bones and the dark nights depress me
Apparently it's a disorder, SAD (seasonal affective disorder).
A time to go within and conserve my energy
Do I up the dose of the pills I take for my nervous disorder
see I shouldn't be blogging in this mood, but it's been weeks now...
might do some more pix of my hat plans.
I think white felted wool and Urnes style Viking Art sewn (or stencilled and sewn )on the outside
plus the longship curls at the back - not sure I can sneak my snow bees in anywhere here and my ice floes and ice flowers
oh yes and if you want to make a hat - get a head
wooden, polystyrene, anything cos I'll only end up sticking pins in my own one day
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urnes_style

2 comments:

Patricia said...

I am very excited to find your hat design! I posted a copy of Piero della Francesa's work on my website yesterday. I copied the first image because I loved the hat designs. Now I see your hat! I would love to learn more about the history of head gear.

Patricia Kessler

twisted sister said...

Hi
Wow another post!!
:) wil be needle felting the hat on Friday.
How I love those colours he uses
Thank you